A revised version of the LA’s educational visits guidelines is now available entitled “Organising Visits & Journeys: Educational Visits and Outdoor Education Standards and Guidelines ”. It is dated November 2015. This replaces the previous edition dated March 2011.
Please note the following:
- this is a revision, not a complete re-write; it contains amendments and updates only where needed;
- hard copies are not being produced, the definitive version is available on the home page of the Evolve visits system after log in; and on the intranet via the CYPF Index page, under school visits and outdoor education;
Main changes are as follows:
- contains amendments issued since last edition (March 2011);
- clear reference OEAP national guidelines;
- document divided into two main parts called Standards and Guidelines;
- Standards section now reformatted contains key principles for ease of reference (see pp. 10-21).
Please take the following action:
- ensure all managers, educational visits co-ordinators and staff involved in educational visits are aware of this revised guidance;
- replace existing hard and electronic copies held locally with this revised version.