On Saturday 3rd and Sunday 4th September 2011 Thornbridge Outdoors is running a weekend of courses and workshops called the Thornbridge Outdoors Peak Skills (TOPS) weekend at our main centre near Bakewell in the Peak District.
The event has been designed for both those who work in the outdoors and those who do outdoor activities in their free time to have the opportunity to undertake a range of training in a single weekend.
The following workshops/courses are available:
* BMC FUNdamentals of Climbing 1 with Ian Dunne
* BMC FUNdamentals of Climbing 2 with Ian Dunne
* ‘The Environment’ for Outdoor Leaders with Jim Langley
* Climbing and Crag Photography with Alex Ekins
* Outdoor Photography with Alex Ekins
* ‘Turbo SPA’ with Peak Mountain Training
* Leave No Trace with Sara Turner
* ‘Lumps, Bumps & Overused Needles’ – Coaching Navigation with Peak Mountain Training
* ‘Outdoor activities for people with disabilities’ with Phil Booth of Dukes Barn
* ITC Outdoor First Aid
* MLTE Single Pitch Award training
* MLTE Single Pitch Award assessment
For more details about the courses/workshops, including booking forms please go to www.topsweekend.co.uk
Places on the courses/workshops are allocated on a first come, first served basis.
Some of the workshops are suitable for members of the MLTA, AMI and BAIML to accrue CPD credits.
Bed and breakfast accommodation is available on both Friday 2nd and Saturday 3rd September in the shared bedrooms in our self-catering units.
If you only wish to attend a workshop on one of the two days why not make a weekend of it and go walking, climbing, biking or caving here on the other day?
Accommodation is also available for accompanying friends and family, whether they are attending a course or workshop or not – enabling lift sharing.