A revised version of the LA’s educational visits guidelines is now available entitled “Organising Visits & Journeys: educational visits and outdoor activities guidelines”. It is dated March 2011. This replaces the previous edition dated Spring Term 2006.
Please note the following:
- this is a revision, not a complete re-write and therefore contains amendments and updates only where needed;
- hard copies are not being produced, instead there is an electronic version only, available on the home page of Evolve after log in on the Evolve visits system; via the link on the Educational Visits News site (see column on the right); and on the intranet via the CYPF Index page, under school visits and outdoor education;
- please replace existing hard and electronic copies held locally with this revised version.
Main changes are as follows:
- contains amendments issued since last edition (spring term 2006);
- reference to Evolve system throughout;
- latest BCU guidelines included for kayaking/canoeing (annexe 21)
- new school-led adventurous activities qualifications “registration” requirements (p. 88);
- visit planning checklist now included in annexes (annexe 27);
- additional provider accreditation information included (see pp. 96/97).