As part of efforts to improve efficiency and reduce costs in the council, first aid training may now be arranged directly with the council’s preferred provider, Yorkshire Ambulance Service, with whom a revised service and costs have been agreed, rather than through the Health, Safety and Emergency Resilience Unit.
The changes to the training regime:
- offer a greater choice of venues to attend the training, both within Barnsley and the region;
- a reduction in cost;
- a larger range of course dates and availability;
- a larger range of first aid courses;
- direct liaison with the course provider;
- allow Yorkshire Ambulance Service to maintain a register of attendees and directly issue reminder letters when qualifications are due to expire.
The number to now use for all future first aid training course bookings and enquiries is (0114) 257 3405. Further information is available on the Ambulance Service’s website.
For those seeking more specialised first aid training which relates to the outdoor environment or to particular outdoor activities, there are a number of local providers who can deliver suitable training such as Thornbridge Outdoors. You may also consider a provider such as ITC First Aid which lists a range of specialised first aid courses run by their qualified providers throughout the UK.